Anglicare’s South Coast client base and team are growing – with over 4100 clients and nearly 200 employees in total, this Occupational Therapist role is essential to maintain our outputs, and will focus on supporting our community clients by promoting independence, re-ablement and improved aspects of daily living. You will work closely with both our nursing and client support teams to provide holistic care, providing the right supports and equipment that enable your clients to “do it for themselves”.
Part time role of between 16 and 32 hours per week in a fixed term contract until February 2020, with possible extension.
Benefits and Culture
Based at our Robina site – which boasts a swimming pool, pleasant outdoor area and airy, open plan office space – our team are cheerful, friendly and welcoming. We enjoy a sharing a laugh and regular social events such as birthday celebrations, footy tipping, raffles and an end of year Christmas party.
Other benefits of joining us include:
- Working alongside an open and collaborative manager who trusts in her staff and their abilities, but is always around for a chat, guidance or support as required
- Developing genuine and authentic relationships with clients, and being directly involved with their care
- Having your initial visits scheduled by Allied Health Assistants, and time allowances for assessments and administration requirements
- A family-friendly approach and mobile technology enable you to work offsite and from home
- Generous reimbursement of cost when you use your own vehicle – our office also has free parking onsite!
- Diversity and variety – every day is different – to keep your job interesting and engaging
- The option to purchase an additional two weeks leave annually
- A balance of work and other life commitments with flexible, part time hours
Skills and Experience
- Conducting home based evaluations, devising care plans and writing functional reports
- Assessing the home environment and prescribing aids, equipment and modifications as required
- Planning, coordination and implementation of group therapy programs as required
- Ability to work within a “swings and roundabouts” environment and maintain a positive attitude
You will also need:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy and AHPRA registration
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence
JOB NUMBER S4055
Deb Gilbertson on 07 5525 4133
Applications close Sunday 21st July 2019