We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our dedicated team! Apply today and don't miss out on this fantastic full time, permanent opportunity!
- Are you looking for a permanent role?
- Looking to truly make a difference in the community?
- Want to work with a network of amazing clinical peers?
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better performing organisation. We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
About the role
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for evidence based, client centred assessment and care for people 18 years or older with a wide range of medical conditions, disabilities, ages and their carer. The Occupational Therapist utilises a diverse range of skills on site, in the client home or community to optimise meaningful activity participation.
The Occupational Therapist will work within a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic and coordinated healthcare. Using a strengths-based approach cohealth Occupational Therapists will collaborate with clients, their carers and other service providers, to develop meaningful care plans. Use of Goal Directed Care Plans to formulate client centred services plans are at the core of our business. This includes a focus on educating and empowering clients to adopt self-management strategies to improve their health which is underpinned by health literacy principles.
Directed by client goals, the Occupational Therapist completes a holistic assessment to determine appropriate treatment options including but not limited to new skill development or retraining, activity adaption, home or environmental modifications, and trial and prescription of equipment. Liaison with external organisations for comprehensive and effective follow-up for consumers is a key part of the role.
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- Current registration with Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency as an Occupational Therapist, or eligible to register
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience
- Excellence in the delivery of community-based, adult Occupational Therapy services
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team (face to face or virtually)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with marginalised clients and those who have complex needs, including CALD groups
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume, and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.
For any questions about the role please contact Jenny Xerri by email on firstname.lastname@example.org