OT Study Tour in the Northern Territory
Explore the NT as you learn about the history and practice of OT in the region. Run by Jon Baines Tours and supported by OTA, this tour is led by esteemed OT Marilyn Pattison to provide a range of CPD professional visits that highlight outstanding examples of remote OT practice.
Starting 23 May 2021, the tour travels from Darwin to beautiful Katherine and into stunning Kakadu before returning to Darwin on 30 May. Cruise beautiful gorges and the Adelaide River, mingle in Mindil Markets, explore spectacular waterfalls and swim in hot springs—all while learning about local culture and history.
- Local Culture, History and Sights: Join a dinner cruise along the Nitmiluk, learning about the stories and ways of the Jawoyn people against the backdrop of the gorge changing colour with the setting sun. Travel to Injalak Arts in Gunbalanya and learn about the art and culture of the Kunwinjku, Mengerrdji and Erre Peoples, where the communities use pandanus palms to weave baskets, dilly bags and mats.
- Remote OT Practice: Visit Territory Therapy Solutions to hear about practice in the NT and meet with Felicity Pidgeon and learn about her experience as an OT working with remote communities in the NT.
- Be Inspired by Marilyn Pattison: Marilyn has received OTA’s National Award and the Sylvia Docker Lectureship. Internationally she was the past WFOT president and has been made an Honorary Fellow of WFOT—the highest international honour an OT can receive.
- Value for Money: At $2,990, the tour includes the services of a tour leader and local guides, seven nights’ accommodation in twin-bedded rooms with private facilities in 4-star hotels and a lodge, all transport within the tour, most meals, all cultural and professional visits and talks, entrance fees, dinner cruise along Nitmiluk Gorge in Katherine, Darwin Harbour dinner cruise with drinks, Adelaide River cruise with jumping crocodiles, CPD professional visits, and GST.
- Book with Confidence: If you have to cancel due to COVID-19 border closures, you will receive a 100% refund. This refund applies until the day of departure. In addition, Virgin and Qantas offer full credit on any flight cancellation due to COVID-19 border closures for any ticket booked before 31 March 2021.