New Registration Standards Coming Into Effect in 2020
The Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (OTBA) met on 23 July 2019. New registration standards come into effect on 1 December 2019 and there have been some changes. Within the recent communique published by the Board there are reminders about advertising your regulated health service as well as a date/time for the next new graduate webinar.
Key items within the new standards include:
- CPD hours reduced to 20 per year from 30
- 3 types of CPD (formal, informal and service) gone, instead the focus is on self direction and reflection
- CPD evidence to be kept for 5 years, portfolio based
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – detail on what is required from cover
- A detailed breakdown of Recency of Practice requirements, with hours given for last 5 years (750); last 3 years (450) or last 1 year (150).
Registrants will need to be compliant by November 2020.
Please see for changes to registration standards, information on advertising, and webinar for new graduates by visiting the OTBA website and viewing the most recent meeting notes.