COVID-19 Employment Opportunities
OTA has been contacted by various health services across the country to share information about current vacancies and expressions of interest, please see below for state and territory specific details. We will continue to update this page as more requests are received.
Western Sydney Local Health District
Casual Pool Occupational Therapist (COVID-19)
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. Recruits to the casual pool will need to be willing to work across multiple sites/facilities within WSLHD to support service continuity in response to demand due to the need to surge and backfill allied health workforce.
If you are a current WSLHD allied health casual employee and are interesting in joining the allied health COVID Casual Pool to work across multiple facilities/locations, please email WSLHD-AH-CasualPool@health.nsw.gov.au as you are not required to reapply.
Please view the links below for information on NT allied health re-deployment pools
NT Gov jobs list - www.nt.gov.au/jobs
- Senior OT – Acute Care team Royal Darwin Hospital
- Level 1 OT - MD team Royal Darwin Hospital
- Level 2 OT - MD team Royal Darwin Hospital
Agency Pool – Darwin – HAYS
Agency pool – Alice springs
Adult Allied Health Team in Alice Springs are still looking for OT’s:
Please follow the links below for information on current opportunities
- OT levels 1 & 2: casual pool @ Modbury Hospital, Adelaide
- OTs levels 1 & 2: casual pool @ Central Adelaide LHN
- OTs levels 1 & 2: casual pool, F/T, P/T @ Murray Mallee region
- OTs levels 1 & 2: casual pool, F/T, P/T @ Riverland
- OTs levels 1 & 2: casual pool @ Bedford Park / Flinders
- OTs levels 1 & 2: F/T, P/T @ Hampstead Rehab
- Allied Health Assistants: casual pool @ Northfield
Are you interested in working within the Victorian health system as part of the response to coronavirus (COVID-19)? If you believe you have the drive and skills to help deliver quality health services that are safe and responsive for Victoria, then express your interest via this link.
Current as at 18 November 2020
All previous job opportunities have now been closed. The Department identified that WA Health would need additional clinical, pathology and allied health staff during a surge in cases. To meet this need the Department ran a recruitment process in March 2020 and received 1,495 allied health applicants.
The Department informed us that by 30 July 2020, all applications had been processed, with:
- 1 applicant appointed to position
- 986 applicants placed in a pool of which 601 have completed pre-employment screenings, including relevant identification checks, integrity checks and confirmation of registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency if applicable
- 509 applications were either withdrawn by the applicant or deemed by the Department as unsuccessful.
You can view more information from this audit here.