Occupational therapy continues to play a vital role in COVID-19 rehabilitation and recovery, especially in navigating the ongoing impairments caused by Long COVID.
The Parliamentary Inquiry into long COVID and repeated infections has released the report 'Sick and Tired: Casting a long shadow'
OTA Members had the opportunity to attend a Long COVID Hot Topic workshop on 31 August 2022, which provided support on emerging challenges and guidance on current practice.
A multitude of these resources, information and useful links can be found below.
OTA HOT Topic 31st Aug 2022:
- OTA Members can access the Powerpoint slides from the recent Hot Topic event here.
- RCOT Long Covid Quick Guide Adult (2023)
- RCOT Long Covid quick Guide Children and Young People (2023)
- RCOT Guidance: A quick guide for occupational therapists - Rehabilitation for people recovering from COVID-19 (2020)
- RCOT Informed view (2021)
- WHO: Rehabilitation and COVID-19
- WHO Rehabilitation needs of people recovering from COVID-19, Scientific Brief (2021)
- WHO COVID-19 Clinical management Living Guidance (2022)
- Clinical management of patients with COVID-19: Rehabilitation of patients with COVID-19, WHO free training course
- WFOT Public Statement Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation of People Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic (2020)
- McMaster University Rehabilitation for Patients with COVID-19 Guidance for Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Assistants (2020)
- Cochrane REH-COVER (Rehabilitation – COVID-19 Evidence-based Response)
- AOTA (Volume 75, Issue Supplement_1) Special Issue on Occupational Therapy’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Guest Editorial (OTA members can access through the OTA webpage )
- AOTJ Inpatient Occupational Therapy Management for a Pediatric Patient With COVID-19 and Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children: A Case Report (2021)
- AOTJ A Framework for Addressing Clients’ Functional Cognitive Deficits After COVID-19 (2021)
- AOTJ Occupational Therapy for the Long Haul of Post-COVID Syndrome: A Case Report (2021)
- UK National Institute for Health Care Research – Researching Long Covid
- BMJ's Coronavirus (covid-19) Hub (OTA members can access through the OTA webpage )
- The Lancet COVID-19 resource centre
- Medical Journal of Australia - Long COVID sustained and multiplied disadvantage (2022)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)