Merewether Surfhouse NSW 2291
Start: Mon 24 Jun 2019
End: Tue 25 Jun 2019
RSVP: Mon 17 Jun 2019
Start: 09:00 AM
Check-in: 08:30 AM
End: 04:30 PM
Please contact the event provider for more ticketing information
This two day workshop (Monday 24 & Tuesday 25 June 2018) is targeted at Occupational Therapists who are required to prescribe minor environmental modifications. It would also benefit tertiary Occupational Therapy students.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the Australian Standards and National Construction Code in relation to Occupational Therapy
- Assess and analyse the impact of home modifications on task performance for the individual
- Select activities in both the community and the home and understand the impact of your approach on individuals
- Demonstrate the basics of scaled drawing
- Accurately measure specific relevant dimensions of the clients home
- Draw clear drawings of modifications for rails
- Ensure appropriate process is followed in home modifications
- Gain an understanding of how to identify types of minor modifications in Occupational Therapy planning
- Gain an understanding of the medico-legal requirements for minor modifications
- Clearly describe practice reasoning for all proposed modifications
- Critically appraise the modification for improving the quality of life for the individual and their families
All participants must bring pencils, rubbers and retractable tape measures.
This workshop is suitable for:
- OT students/new grads
- OTs/experience OTs
Graduated in 1999 from University of Sydney, Cumberland Campus. Worked in both hospitals and the community in Australia, the United Kingdom and Ireland. Currently working for Hunter Home Modifications specialising in Home Modifications for people of all ages in the community. Advising other clinicians on complex modifications and reviewing home modifications for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
For the past 2 years Colette has lectured and tutored Adapting Physical Environments (Home Modifications) to 3rd year students at Newcastle University.
WORKSHOP DATE & TIME
Monday 24th & Tuesday 25th June 2019
Day 1: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Day 2: 9.00am - 4.30pm
OTA Member: $660.00
OTA Student & New Graduate Member: $595.00
Non Member: $940.00
Members must be logged in with username and password in order to register at the member rate.
Registrations close Monday 17th June at 11.55pm AEST
5 Henderson Parade
Merewether NSW 2291
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
*If you have specific dietary requirements that are not listed in the options upon registering, please contact the OTA representative ASAP using the contact details below.
Our workshop materials are now provided to you electronically via an online platform, Course Genius. Approximately one week prior to the commencement of the workshop we will email instructions for you to follow to access these workshop resources.
If you do not receive this correspondence within the time frame stated above, please contact the OTA representative ASAP using the contact details below.
*To ensure you receive all correspondence we recommend registering for this workshop with a personal email address.
By attending this CPD event, members will be able to claim 16 hours towards their CPD requirements.
All information is correct at the time of publication. OTA reserves the right to alter or delete items from the CPD calendar as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.
All workshop resources including copies of the presentation, along with all supporting documents and links are not for distribution and are the property of the presenter.
An OTA staff member or representative may be photographing this event for use in OTA publications and/ or on OTA social media sites. If you do not wish to be photographed, or have your image published please make this known to the OTA representative at your course or contact OTA on 1300 682878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our full refund and cancellation policy here.
email@example.com | 1300 682 878