Mental Health Forum 2020 – Scientific Committee EOI
Occupational Therapy Australia is pleased to launch the 2020 OT Mental Health Forum to be held on Friday 13 November 2020 in Sydney, NSW. The Forum has proven successful over a number of years and has grown from a local grass-roots initiative to a large national event. The previous event was held in 2017 with the theme of ‘through the looking glass- mental health OT into the future’. This was a very successful day and we are seeking to provide an innovative and diverse programme for our 2020 day.
We are currently recruiting occupational therapists for the scientific program committee and would like to invite clinicians to put forward an expression of interest.
Committee Selection Criteria
- Occupational Therapy Australia Membership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high standard of oral and written communication skills, time management, and organisational skills to ensure effective teamwork.
- Able to attend monthly teleconferences.
- Previous experience in and current knowledge of contributing to the planning and delivery of a conference or other professional development event.
- Experience/insight/awareness related to current and future topics or issues important for occupational therapy practice, education and research.
- Research experience.
- Previous experience submitting and/or reviewing abstracts.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the capacity to actively contribute to this committee please email your answers to the following questions to the committee chair, Lindsay Vernon, at email@example.com
- What is your current work role?
- What is your interest in being on the organising committee?
- What particular skills, experience or insights do you believe you will bring to the committee?
EOI’s deadline: COB Tuesday 22nd October 2019
First full committee meeting: Thursday 7 November, 11am AEDT