Medicare MBS resource for Allied Health Clinicians
We are pleased to share with you the Australian Government Department of Health MBS resource for allied health clinicians. This resource provides guidance on the policy settings and billing rules underpinning allied health Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items. This is the first of two complementary AskMBS resources focusing on allied health Medicare MBS items.
This issue provides information about the following issues in a Q&A format:
- Bulk billing—Additional charges and split billing.
- Chronic disease management allied health items.
- Follow-up services for people who have received an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessment.
- Group allied health services for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Autism, pervasive developmental disorder or disability services.
- COVID-19 MBS allied health telehealth services.
- New items for services in residential aged care facilities.
We encourage Occupational Therapy Australia members to continue to use AskMBS to clarify any issues arising in the correct use of MBS items.