OTs in Schools: Supporting Social and Emotional Wellbeing
OTA facilitated another successful Hot Topic event in South Australia on Thursday 24 March 2022. The topic for the event was exploring the role of occupational therapists in Schools, focussing on supporting the social and emotional wellbeing of young people.
Over 50 OTs gathered for the face-to-face event to hear presentations from John Mannion, SA Mental Health Commissioners and Sarah Anstey, Director of Student Support Services, Department for Education. Following the guest presentation, the audience was provided with an opportunity to engaged in a Q&A session with an expert panel.
Panel members included:
- John Mannion - SA Mental Health Commissioners and Founder of Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation
- Sarah Anstey, Director of Student Support Services, Department for Education
- Judith Merritt and Michael Sharp – University South Australia, Orion OT Student Service
- Senior Occupational Therapists, Sarah Enthoven and Anna Forgan, Self-Regulation Service, Student Support Services Department for Education
- Manager, Self-Regulation Service, Lisa Varona Student Support Services Department for Education
In addition to the information presented the event provided a valuable networking opportunity to share experiences, ideas and generate new opportunities and initiatives.
Thank you to all who attended the Hot Topic Event and contributing to the richness of learning and shared discussion.
Look out for the next local and national Hot Topic events on the Website.
We look forward to seeing you at the next event.