Insurance for OTA Members
Aon is the preferred insurance broker to Occupational Therapy Australia, and they have worked with us and insurers to create insurance cover tailored for the risks commonly found in occupational therapy.
Special offer: Get 15 months cover for the price of 12*.
Or phone: 1800 805 191
Events Covered by Aon’s Occupational Therapy Insurance†
Professional Indemnity Cover:
- Claims made against you during the period of insurance resulting from certain errors or omissions in the conduct of your professional services
- Legal fees, settlements and court attendance costs associated with any such claim
Public and Property Cover:
- Third party injury or property damage arising as a result of your business that occurs on any premises you work from, in most parts of the world‡
- The sale or supply of a product that causes bodily injury or property damage
Aon has insurance packages for occupational therapists that include both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability in the one policy.
Resources for OTA Members
This short Webex from Aon's Client Director, Natasha Golden will address:
- PI / PPL – policy intention, overview.
- PI / PPL – Aon advice in relation to Covid 19.
- PI / PP – Aon advice in relation to remote services.
The information/advice provided in the attached recording relates to the Health Practitioners Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy Wording (reference AFFENDHEAL0621).
^ Available to customers who do not currently have a Professional Indemnity or Public Liability policy through Aon. Aon reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
^^ Occupational Therapy Board of Australia – Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) Arrangements Regulation Standard.
* Offer available to new or returning to Aon customers.
† Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.
OTA Partnerships are formed to benefit members however, members should consider their individual circumstances when deciding if products and services are suitable for themselves or their clients.