RSVP: Wed 14 Apr 2021
RECORDED WEBINAR SUMMARY
ADAPTING TO COVID 19: OT'S UNIQUE CONTRIBUTION
Amongst the chaos surrounding COVID-19, this webinar has been developed to promptly address issues confronting OTs in the field. Ever wondered why you give to others before giving to yourself? Ever struggled to care for yourself? Would you like to know how to manage competing priorities in a structured way? Would you like to be armed with skills that enable you to support your clients, colleagues and the community whilst role modelling our unique capacity as OTs? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, this webinar holds value for you.
Suitable for all clinicians
1. Understand the psychology of self-care specific to OTs and Health Professionals;
2. Develop a broad understanding of your risk exposure and impacts on capability as a practicing OT;
3. Develop your own unique process for balancing competing priorities;
4. Understand our unique value proposition and specialised skill set to support our clients, colleagues and community at large.
This webainr will support clinicians to consider how they will:
- Role model self-care: to identify personal/professional needs; to prioritise them; and model their resultant enhanced capacity to their clients.
- Tailor their OT practice: reminding therapists of their inherent core values and expertise in occupation, adapting to, modifying and remaining functional as a result.
- Enable clients to feel empowered: adjustment and adaptation are key tools we all need during the current pandemic. OTs will be reminded of their expertise in this area, thus aiding their clients with the adjustment/adaptation they need to sustain occupational roles.
Corey is registered Occupational Therapist (2007) and Allied Mental Health Practitioner who identifies as part of the CALD and LGBTIQ+ community. He has volunteered his time to discuss the pertinent issues we as OTs face in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. He has experience in multiple work environments using critical thinking skills to inform his practice across various levels of clinical care (acute, community and private); management (middle and senior); and vocations (disability, occupational rehabilitation, hospital and currently as a sole trader in mental health care). He has leveraged his thought expert contacts including psychologists, General Practitioners, clinical managers and Psychiatrists currently in the field, in the development of this presentation.
Total CPD claimable workshop hours: 1
This is a recorded webinar session that was held on 9 April 2020
This webinar will be run on the Zoom Webinar Platform. Registrants will be sent separate login details a few days prior to the webinar. To run Zoom you will need to download the software, access to fast internet speed and access to a PC or laptop with video and sound capabilities. If you have questions regarding the system requirements please visit the Zoom website.
This resource is run through our external learning platform - Course Genius. All registrants will receive an email containing information on how to set up their online course account and/ or a notification that a course has been allocated to them. Please be sure to check all email folders including junk and clutter.
To ensure you receive all correspondence we recommend registering for this workshop with a personal email address.
REGISTRATION FEES & INCLUSIONS
OTA Member: Free
Non Member: Free
(All pricing is inclusive of GST)
Registrations close Wednesday 14 April 2021, 11.55pm AEST
All information is correct at the time of publication. OTA reserves the right to alter or delete items from the CPD calendar as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.
All workshop resources including copies of the presentation, along with all supporting documents and links are not for distribution and are the property of the presenter.
An OTA staff member or representative may be photographing this event for use in OTA publications and/ or on OTA social media sites. If you do not wish to be photographed, or have your image published please make this known to the OTA representative at your course or contact OTA on 1300 682 878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (T&C)
T&C's are available here
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com or phone 1300 682 878