Start: Tue 08 Jan 2019
End: Thu 18 Jun 2020
RSVP: Thu 18 Jun 2020
This resource is a repeat of the 2017 recorded series.
Recorded Webinar Series
Once you have registered and paid for the course, you will be emailed information on how to set up your online learning account and how to access the course.
Emails containing the link are sent out each Tuesday and Friday. (Please refer to the 'Webinar Platform' section for more information). Access is given for a period of 4 weeks. Please note, extensions will incur a fee.
Dates Available for Purchase
WEBINAR 1: What does a Soft Tissue OT do?
- The role of a Soft Tissue OT
- Typical conditions and clients
- Clinical settings and consultations
- Client demographics
- Causes of Soft Tissue dysfunction
- Precipitating factors to soft tissue dysfunction
- Consideration of OT Frameworks
- Occupational influence of soft tissue dysfunction
- Common assessment tools used in soft tissue OT
- Assessment within OT frameworks
- Orthopedic assessment tools
- Standardised and non-standardised assessment techniques use
- Treatment principles of Soft Tissue OT intervention
- Principles of Myofascial release
- Other hands-on treatment modalities
- Supplementary modalities
- Environmental modifications for soft tissue dysfunction
- Occupational principles and modification for soft tissue dysfunction
This workshop is suitable for all Occupational Therapists, from students through to the senior OT's. This course is a general overview of soft tissue occupational therapy and is appropriate for those wanting to increase their general awareness of soft tissue treatment and increase their understanding and skills in this specific area of practice. It is not a requirement for you to be practising in this area to attend this workshop.
Roisin Sullivan is a Senior Occupational Therapist at Langer Chiropractic & Soft Tissue Therapy in Perth, Western Australia. She works exclusively in soft tissue occupational therapy to promote occupational performance. She is the convener of the Soft Tissue OT Interest Group of WA and has a strong interest in the professional development of students and therapists in the field. She runs multiple Soft Tissue OT courses annually within Western Australia and NSW.
This resource is run through our external learning platform - Course Genius. All registrants will receive two emails, one containing information on how to set up their online course account and a second, notifying them of when a course has been allocated to them. Please be sure to check all email folders including junk and clutter.
All information is correct at the time of publication. OTA reserves the right to alter or delete items from the CPD calendar as circumstances dictate, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.
For full T&C's please see here
email@example.com | 03 9415 2900 |