RSVP: Fri 18 Jun 2021
RECORDED WEBINAR SUMMARY
INTRODUCTION TO SOFT TISSUE OT
This webinar series will provide a general overview of soft tissue management, looking specifically at the role of Occupational Therapy. It will also provide practical information on treatment modalities.
Suitable for student, new graduates, and experienced Occupational Therapists.
WEBINAR 1: What does a Soft Tissue OT do?
- The role of a Soft Tissue OT
- Typical conditions and clients
- Clinical settings and consultations
- Client demographics
- Causes of Soft Tissue dysfunction
- Precipitating factors to soft tissue dysfunction
- Consideration of OT Frameworks
- Occupational influence of soft tissue dysfunction
WEBINAR 2: Assessment in Soft Tissue OT
- Common assessment tools used in soft tissue OT
- Assessment within OT frameworks
- Orthopedic assessment tools
- Standardised and non-standardised assessment techniques use
WEBINAR 3: Treatment Modalities in Soft Tissue OT
- Treatment principles of Soft Tissue OT intervention
- Principles of Myofascial release
- Other hands-on treatment modalities
- Supplementary modalities
- Environmental modifications for soft tissue dysfunction
- Occupational principles and modification for soft tissue dysfunction
Roisin Sullivan is a Senior Occupational Therapist at Langer Chiropractic & Soft Tissue Therapy in Perth, Western Australia. She works exclusively in soft tissue occupational therapy to promote occupational performance. She is the convener of the Soft Tissue OT Interest Group of WA and has a strong interest in the professional development of students and therapists in the field. She runs multiple Soft Tissue OT courses annually within Western Australia and NSW.
Total CPD claimable workshop hours: 6
This is a recorded webinar session that was held in March 2017
This resource is run through our external learning platform - Course Genius. All registrants will receive an email containing information on how to set up their online course account and/ or a notification that a course has been allocated to them. Please be sure to check all email folders including junk and clutter.
To ensure you receive all correspondence we recommend registering for this workshop with a personal email address.
REGISTRATION FEES & INCLUSIONS
OTA Member: $150
OTA Student/ New Graduate Member: $130
Non Member: $215
(All pricing is inclusive of GST)
*Registrations close Thursday 18 June 2021, 11.55pm AEST
Members must be logged in with username and password in order to register at the member rate.
All information is correct at the time of publication. OTA reserves the right to alter or delete items from the CPD calendar as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.
All workshop resources including copies of the presentation, along with all supporting documents and links are not for distribution and are the property of the presenter.
An OTA staff member or representative may be photographing this event for use in OTA publications and/ or on OTA social media sites. If you do not wish to be photographed, or have your image published please make this known to the OTA representative at your course or contact OTA on 1300 682 878 or at email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (T&C)
T&C's are available here
Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 682 878