EOI: Workforce and Professional Issues Committee in Victoria
We currently have expressions of interest open in the Workforce and Professional Issues Committee in Victoria.
About the committee:
- Consider and address Workforce and Professional issues and trends that are of relevance, or having an impact upon the profession of occupational therapy.
- Prepare and develop resources relevant to occupational therapy workforce and professional issues.
- Advise and make recommendations to Occupational Therapy Australia about workforce and professional issues in Victoria but also potentially relevant at a national level.
- Communicate and engage with relevant stakeholders, regarding workforce and professional issues.
Occupational Therapy Australia values the Workforce and Professional Issues committee contribution and entrusts a high level of involvement and project work.
As Australia's professional association for occupational therapy, Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) fosters evidence-based practice, enables lifelong learning and promotes the future of occupational therapy. OTA exists to support occupational therapists to support their community. OTA is seeking a passionate, engaged, strategic thinkers in our community who want to enhance their career and make a positive difference in and to their profession.
To express your interest in joining this committee, you must be a current member of OTA in Victoria.
Do you have:
- a keen interest and knowledge of the Occupational Therapy profession
- a commitment to improving the practice of occupational therapy
- the ability to provide input on a wide variety of matters affecting the profession, both at a local and national level.
As the committee aims to have representation across our profession, experience and/ or understanding of the workforce challenges within Mental health, driving, paediatrics, NDIS or community would be seen as favourable
Members who are interested in becoming part of the Workforce and Professional Issues Committee are encouraged to review the Occupational Therapy Australia Constitution and By laws which guide the business and operations of OTA, prior to submitting an Expression of Interest to our Victorian Divisional Manager, Elise Halloran.
Please feel free to contact your Divisional Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining any questions that you have.