Have Your Say: Productivity Commission Report on Mental Health
In November 2020, the Australian Government released the Productivity Commission's Inquiry Report on Mental Health. It makes 21 recommendations spanning five key themes:
- Enhance prevention and early help for people;
- Improve people’s experiences with mental healthcare;
- Improve people’s experiences with services beyond the health system;
- Equip workplaces to be mentally healthy; and
- Instill incentives and accountability for improved outcomes.
The Inquiry represents one of the most comprehensive and significant reviews of our mental health system to date.
The Australian Government is now consulting with key stakeholders to understand which recommendations are the most critical and how they should be implemented.
How you can help?
- View the full report on the Productivity Commission's website here or a summary of its recommendations available here.
- Contribute to OTA's submission by sending your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2021.
Complete the Department of Health's online survey available here by 10 February 2021.
We appreciate you taking the time to help improve our mental health system for all Australians.