LGBTIQ+ Taskforce and Working Groups
The Victorian Minister for Equality is currently inviting expressions of interest for membership of the:
- LGBTIQ+ Taskforce
- LGBTIQ+ Health and Wellbeing Working Group
- LGBTIQ+ Justice Working Group
Up to nine community members will be appointed to the LGBTIQ+ Taskforce and to each of the Working Groups who, in the opinion of the Minister, both fulfil the below criteria and as a group best represent a cross section of the diversity of LGBTIQ+ communities.
- Expertise and experience in a range of issues affecting LGBTIQ+ people, including lived experience and an understanding of intersectionality within LGBTIQ+ communities.
- High level conceptual skills, including the ability to think and act strategically to achieve outcomes for LGBTIQ+ communities.
- High level communication skills, including experience in providing constructive, independent advice.
- Confidence and/or experience in strategic engagement with government.
- Experience working constructively on committees or in groups.
For more information please visit the website here.