Influence Your Practice Area: Join OTA's Reference Groups
Are you an experienced practitioner passionate about the future of your profession?
Can you help OTA develop evidence-based policy positions and advocate effectively for occupational therapists and their clients?
Occupational Therapy Australia is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its five National Reference Groups.
Each National Reference Group is responsible for a particular field in which occupational therapists work. These are: Aged Care, NDIS/Disability, DVA/Veterans, Mental Health and Workforce and Primary Health.
The purpose of each National Reference Group is to:
- Identify and examine issues of importance to occupational therapists and their clients in the designated field of practice;
- Inform OTA’s position on these issues and, where required, assist in devising and implementing an appropriate advocacy strategy.
We believe our National Reference Groups should reflect a broad cross section of members with clinical and professional expertise in their designated field. That’s why we’re seeking new members:
- In all states and territories, including metropolitan, rural, regional and remote Australia;
- From a range of professional settings, including private practice, government, community and academia; and
- With a range of clinical skillsets, such as assistive technology, home modifications, paediatrics, physical and mental health therapy and more.
To apply, please send:
- A current CV;
- A signed EOI Lodgement Form; and
- An EOI Letter outlining your suitability for a particular National Reference Group
to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 5 March 2021.
For more information on each group please click the links below.
- Aged Care | Position Description | Terms of Reference
- NDIS/Disability | Position Description | Terms of Reference
- DVA/Veterans | Position Description | Terms of Reference
- Mental Health | Position Description | Terms of Reference
- Workforce and Primary Health | Position Description | Terms of Reference
All applicants must be an OTA member with current knowledge and experience relevant to the National Reference Group for which they are applying.
For more information, please refer to the relevant Role Description and Terms of Reference or contact Madison Silver via email@example.com or 1300 682 878.